home header


subpage banner (News)




May 21, 2013 – Vancouver, British Columbia. Indigo Exploration Inc. (TSX-V: IXI, FSE: INE) announces that the World Court has handed down its decision on the position of the Burkina Faso – Niger border, which is in Burkina Faso’s favour in the vicinity of the Kodyel permit. In addition, the Company announces additional positive soil and rock sampling results on its Kodyel grid.

The Company wishes to provide a link to the World Court’s decision on the previously disputed portion of the Burkina Faso – Niger border position; http://www.icj-cij.org/docket/files/149/17306.pdf.  Of particular interest, are maps 1 and 4 on their pages 28 and 51, which show the border position before and now through the court decision. The governments of Burkina Faso and Niger have stated that they would both accept the World Court’s decision in the matter. A BBC news article summarizes the decision (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-22165499). Kodyel Permit lies near the portion of the border southeast of River Sirba. According to Company’s analysis of the maps, the new position of the border near Kodyel is approximately 6 km further northeast from where it was on the 1960 IGN map, in Burkina Faso’s favour. 

The Company also has received new soil and rock sample results from the Kodyel grid. The 48 square kilometres soil grid on its flagship Kodyel permit was conducted over the 15 kilometre stretch of favourable geology and artisanal workings between the Tangounga pit and the CFA Zone drilled by Semafo in 1997. Results from 65% of the grid were reported August 15, 2012 (NR12-06). Results from the remaining 35% of the grid are now available and improve on the anomalies. Collectively, the 2012 and 2013 soil results demonstrate multiple gold soil anomalies. The most significant anomaly measures 5.5 kilometres long by 600 metres wide with values generally greater than 50 ppb Au, corresponding to an interpreted regional right lateral fault. The east end of this soil anomaly lies 2.5 kilometres short of the Tangounga pit. To date, no soil sampling has been done in this 2.5 kilometre gap, nor in the Tangouonga pit area. Another significant gold anomaly is 1.5 kilometres long by 1 kilometre wide and corresponds with an interpreted structural dilation zone related to the regional right lateral fault. The structural interpretation and soil anomalies will be posted on the Company website. During the soil sampling program, geologists also mapped numerous artisanal workings and zones of substantial quartz float strung along a 15 kilometre stretch overlying the interpreted regional right lateral fault. The Company has received some of those rock samples. 23 samples of 226 rock samples returned greater than 0.5 g/t Au to a high of 84 g/t Au. Additional rock sampling is in progress.

The gold soil anomalies to date constitute strong drill targets and confirm the sizeable potential of its flagship project.

On Behalf of the Board of Directors,

“Paul Cowley”

Paul Cowley

Interim CEO

For further information, please contact:

Paul Cowley: (604) 340-7711 or Keir Reynolds: (778) 998-9242

Website:  www.indigoexploration.com

Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulations Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.